Opinion on Group Tuition arragements

2 posts
dain777
Options:
Share this post on:

Opinion on Group Tuition arragements

Postby dain777 » Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:15 pm

Hi,

Tuition centre has come back with arrangements for September where in the kids (10 years old ) will have group sessions of around 12- 15 in a class, in one room, with one metre social distancing and will have to wear masks throughout the 2 hour weekly session. They will also be required to either wear gloves or use their own hand sanitiser. The centre rents two rooms only, each room would have 12-15 kids in the group.

Firstly, are centres allowed to do this? I was looking to compare what arrangements other GROUP tutoring centres have made? Are there are Guidelines as to how Group tuition settings can operate? Cant imagine getting a 10 year old to wear a  mask for 2 hours, in a room with not much ventillation!!!

Thanks.
GrowingYoungMinds
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Opinion on Group Tuition arragements

Postby GrowingYoungMinds » Mon Aug 10, 2020 3:30 pm

I run a center but our groups are no more than 4 children in each lesson. We are not asking children or teachers to wear masks, as per guidance for schools. We are ensuring that all children keep 1m+ apart, cleaning everything before,  between and after lessons and providing hand gel to everyone. We are also keeping with in the bubbles of the lesson so that there is no cross over during drop off or collection.  

I have done a few lessons in a mask and it is very hard and the children can't cope for even an hour; in addition to this, masks completely distracts the learning as children are focused on that and pulling at it to get more air than they were on the topic. 

I think as long as we all adhere to school regulations then it is a huge start. 

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.