Should we be worried about Headteacher changing at Honeywell?

3 posts
EBX
Options:
Share this post on:

Should we be worried about Headteacher changing at Honeywell?

Postby EBX » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:18 pm

Hi there

We've heard the Headteacher at Honeywell (Junior School) is retiring after 20 years, how crucial is he to the ethos/performance of the school? My husband and I are considering moving to a house near Honeywell, and it's making us a bit anxious. We were wondering if there were any Honeywell parents reading this who have a take on the issue?

Many thanks
Last edited by EBX on Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Batterseamumoftwo
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Should we be worried about Headteacher changing at Honeywell?

Postby Batterseamumoftwo » Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:03 pm

It is only the Head of the junior school who retired (in December 2019) so if your kids are infant age, there would be no difference at all. Although any new Head would want to make her mark, I’m not sure you’ll find any parents willing to come to a view on whether this is positive, negative or neutral for the school in such bizarre times. In my experience the school is also much more than the Heads. There is a real sense of community with all the teachers and parents which makes it unique. All the staff have been amazing through the last few months.
EBX
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Should we be worried about Headteacher changing at Honeywell?

Postby EBX » Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:07 pm

Hi thanks for your thoughts, really useful. We're concerned mostly about the junior school - do you think the same about the junior school as you do about the infant school? 
Thanks

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.