Northcote Road shop movements

4 posts
Jonny Dyson Property Consultants
Share this post on:

Northcote Road shop movements

Postby Jonny Dyson Property Consultants » Mon Sep 07, 2020 1:48 pm

Afternoon all,

I've just seen that Byron is having a mini fit-out to become Tampopo Pan Asian restaurant for four months.  Apparently the owner of the building wants to a have a major refurb, so is letting it for three or four months until permission comes through.

Sargent Major has a planning application in to become an art galley, and Peppermint by the Bread stall also has a planning application in to convert it into a beautician.  The left hand side of White stuff has a planning application to sell food and drink, but apparently not to be a restaurant.  The old Mountain Warehouse has planning permission granted to be another restaurant.  With all that's going on with the hospitality businesses at the moment, I'd have to say that I'm surprised that there seems to be so much appetite for more restaurants...!!

Jonny
We offer clients invaluable insight and support in their acquisition, rental, investment and development of London residential property.
Paulette
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Northcote Road shop movements

Postby Paulette » Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:30 am

We need a good "brunch/cafe" place to start with. With only cafe Tamra which is not big, Brew (where the owner treats its staff like b-grade citizens and pays them below London wage) and a few tables at Gail's it's not enough. 
And a place where people can bring their laptop too and work for a bit. 
With all that WFH it's sometimes good to be able to work from a cafe. So I hope one of them turns into just that.
Beketaten
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beketaten » Mon Sep 14, 2020 5:50 pm

Megan's would do well. I know there's one at Clapham Common and at Battersea Power Station, but I think there's the market for it on Northcote Road. 

No to encouraging laptops though! Computer users occupying tables for hours must be very bad for business, and worse for if they're taking calls and in Zoom meetings. 
SW11er
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SW11er » Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:55 pm

Remember there is Al Gusto as well which does good food and has nice hard working owners.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.