We are considering accepting an offer of a place in the bilingual class at Belleville Wiz.
I was hoping to hear from current parents there.
I have heard bad things about it 3-4 years ago before it was taken over by Belleville, but I'm interested in what it is like now.
- what is the type of teaching like. French education can be very old school and rigid, whereas some English primary school teach more through creative projects and topics, and others are more focused on results and academics.
As the bilingual class is quite special, where would you say it sits on that spectrum? Is there a difference between the French and English styles of teaching.
- what was the distance learning like during lock down? How easy was it for the children to be engaged? How much parental supervision, encouragement was necessary?
- how welcoming is the school community to new children and parents? Is there an active pta, are the French parents from the French entry also involved?
- how well integrated are the French entry and English entry children? Do they ever play in French together or is English the playground language?
- do many/any of the English children go on to the French lycee?
Sorry to ask so many questions, but we might not get to visit the school due to Covid.
The class was always one of my first choices years ago, but my son is happy and settled at his current school so is a difficult decision. He should find the French ok as he has done over a year in school in France.
Many thanks in advance, I appreciate anyone taking the time to answer.