Broomwood Hall or Eaton House

2 posts
Happychange18
Options:
Share this post on:

Broomwood Hall or Eaton House

Postby Happychange18 » Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:27 am

We have a son going into reception in 2021 and have to choose between Broomwood or Eaton House. Any parents with experience of either school?

He’s quite confident and I think we want an academic school for him. Longer term we are thinking maybe the dulwich schools but are they from 7+? Maybe will be better if we just go to state school at Alderbrook and tutor him for the 7+ or is it quite unlikely he will pass the 7+ in state school?
astro
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Broomwood Hall or Eaton House

Postby astro » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:30 am

Hi,

Can’t comment on your chances of getting into Dulwich at 7+ with state + tutoring, but we are parents at EHTM and are very happy with the school. It seems to be a really nice mix of learning in a fun environment, doesn’t come across as too pushy, and they made some recent improvements to facilities etc. We’ve been impressed with their recent response to the pandemic as well - home schooling was tough but really well supported by the school and they’ve made things as normal as possible this term.

I hear good things about Broomwood as well, so really depends on the feel and the culture and whether it is right for you. I think Broomwood is perhaps more ‘English’ whereas EHTM is quite international.

Good luck!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.