Holy Ghost School

3 posts
Brodie27
Options:
Share this post on:

Holy Ghost School

Postby Brodie27 » Sat Sep 19, 2020 10:26 am

Hello

We are practising Catholics who are looking to move into the Clapham area and would be keen for our son to attend Holy Ghost School. We would meet the practising Catholic requirement but what I am not sure about is where we would have to live geographically in order to be fairly confident of a place? I have been reading online that you have to be virtually next to the school so would be grateful for any insight! Any other relevant intel on the school would also be much appreciated.

Many thanks in advance
Anna
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Holy Ghost School

Postby Goldhawk » Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:05 pm

The council website has the details of how previous year's places were offered
In general you would want to be under 500m from the school - there are only 30 places and sometimes there are up to 20 siblings

Other schools to consider - St Mary's Clapham or St Anselms Tooting Bec
akmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Holy Ghost School

Postby akmum » Thu Sep 24, 2020 2:01 pm

Hi Anna

I have two children at Holy Ghost. When we moved to Clapham we didn't give any thought to distance from schools and were also told you literally need to live next door to the school to get in but that is not really true. It is a one form entry so places are very limited but provided that you meet the practicing Catholic criteria (which is very important) then the distance does go further out and there is also a lot of movement where people don't take places or leave during the year so even if you are on the waiting list initially (as we were) you do have a chance to get in. Of course, it is dependent on the number of siblings - the last two years has been high at around 20 but when we got our place it was around 12. We live about 800m away, we were 3rd on the waiting list and we got in and I know people who were 10th that got in - it might be literally in Sept when term starts but it is common. Obviously, if you can find somewhere, closer the better but just thought it would be helpful to give you some background as you can easily get (unnecessarily) put off.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.