The topics covered in the course are as follows:
- The Five Finger Pitch: Pupils will be shown how to plan stories effectively and quickly for a variety of different genres.
- Using the five senses as a way of ‘showing’, not telling and bringing one’s writing to life.
- Standing out from the crowd with language - creating original similes and metaphors, paradoxes and repetition for effect.
- Creating original characters.
- Thinking outside of the box when faced with a title by using a different and original narrative voice.
The Exceptional Academics Team