Primary School in Wandsworth

2 posts
MSaboo
Options:
Share this post on:

Primary School in Wandsworth

Postby MSaboo » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:49 pm

Hi,

I am looking to apply for good state school in Wandsworth. We live near Battersea Park.  I have following schools in mind:

- Honeywell
- Belleville
- John Burns
- St. Mary's RC Battersea
- Shaftesbury Primary

Looking for reviews for these schools or if  there are any other options, that will be very helpful.
It seems Honeywell and Belleville might be far in terms of distance criteria, but wondering if its worth applying or I should completely drop them.

Thanks in advance,
Megha

mummy in cj
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Primary School in Wandsworth

Postby mummy in cj » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:10 am

My children are at Shaftesbury Park with my eldest in year 6 having started in reception.

It’s a lovely, small and friendly school that gets really good results, and gives excellent support for children of all abilities. We like that it has a very mixed intake of children from many different nationalities and races, and so the children learn to make friends with a wide range of children.

It has two forms per year group: the ‘Enterprise stream’ and also a French bilingual class (the French stream teaches the English curriculum with some lessons in French and the opportunity to take DELPH language exams as it is an official test centre). The bilingual class has a mix of native French speaking parents, and English speaking families who may speak French or just want their kids to have this opportunity. The enterprise stream also does French lessons.

Children go on to a mix of local state secondaries (Harris Academy, Chestsnut Grove via the language assessment, Lambeth Academy), and private schools (Emmanuel, Putney High, Thomas’s Battersea and Whitgift in recent years).

PM if you want to know more.