Exceptional Academics Creative Writing Masterclass
Looking to ignite a creative spark in your child during these dull lockdown days? Exceptional Academics’ Creative Writing Masterclass is the perfect solution.
When? 15 – 19 February from 10 - 11.30 am
2. Poetry and Lyrics: an exploration of form and language to write ones’ own poem.
3. Subverting Genre conventions to recreate well-known tales.
4. Switching narrative voice to another character’s viewpoint.
5. Mini-sagas: create a short story in just 100 words!
Exceptional Academics Young Filmmakers Workshop
Could your child be the next Steven Spielberg or Spike Lee? Exceptional Academics are running a brand new Young Filmmakers Workshop - and we want you involved!
When: 15 - 19 February from 2 - 4 pm (exact timings subject to change, but it will be afternoons)
Ages: 10 - 13
- Introduction: exploring shot-types and short film form.
- Pre-Production: students learn how to write using film script form
- Visualising: creating visual storyboards to conceptualise ideas
- Production & Performance: shooting and performing pieces with tools students can use at home
- Screening: showcasing devised pieces
Exceptional Academics: GCSE and IGCSE English Language Course
If your child is currently taking GCSE or IGCSE English Language, this is an exciting opportunity to receive expert tuition in preparation for the upcoming assessments.
When? 15-19 February from 2:30 - 4 pm
- Revision and practice of close analysis skills, focusing on a range of non-fiction genres.
- How to plan and compose high quality non-fiction writing, tailoring content and style to form, purpose and audience.
- How to plan and compose high quality imaginative writing, focusing on narrative and descriptive tasks.
- Revision of poetry and prose texts if applicable to the specification, such as the IGCSE Edexcel Paper 2.
If your child is currently taking Cambridge (CIE) IGCSE English Literature, this is an exciting opportunity to receive expert tuition in preparation for the upcoming assessments.
When? 15-19 February from 10:30 am - 12 pm
- Revision and close analysis of the poetry collections, including developing essay skills and exam technique.
- Guidance and practice of Paper 3: Unseen skills, focusing on the poetry question.
- Guidance and practice of Paper 3: Unseen skills, focusing on the Prose question.
- Revision and prose and drama texts, including developing essay skills and exam technique.