Emanuel, Whitgift or Trinity?

3 posts
Balham_mum_79
Options:
Share this post on:

Emanuel, Whitgift or Trinity?

Postby Balham_mum_79 » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:19 pm

Hello all,

I am spinning my wheels a bit (understatement) and a friend, who is probably utterly bored of the topic, suggested I ask nappy valley for help.

We are in a very fortunate position that my son has been accepted to the above three schools but we are having a tough time picking which one to send him to. From a league table perspective, Whitgift and Trinity are seen as being “more successful” than Emanuel but I’m well aware Emanuel is on the up and know there is more to a school than where it sits in the league tables. The coed vs boys-only element is of no concern personally. I suppose I am struggling to get my head around the travel from Balham to Croydon BUT don’t want to pick Emanuel simply because it’s local. I have a little info re the commuting options but have heard rumours of possible car pooling? Or chaperoning? Can anyone shed any light? I also have more general info on Whitgift but less on Emanuel and even more so, Trinity. Any first-hand experience or help anyone can provide re any of the schools would be much appreciated!

Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Emanuel, Whitgift or Trinity?

Postby Goldhawk » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:23 pm

In normal times the morning trains are full of boys headed to Whitgift, Trinity and Royal Russell
All the journeys are reasonably straightforward - there is a direct train from Balham that gets them there in time for school
There are also school bus options
Driving there takes ages and is best avoided

Whitgift offers the IB alongside A levels
Trinity is coed in sixth form

Also consider the sports offered and also the language offerings

Is Emanuel on the up because the education has improved or because they are getting a brighter cohort to start with?

tillywith2boys
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Emanuel, Whitgift or Trinity?

Postby tillywith2boys » Mon Mar 01, 2021 10:10 am

Hi

I have one at each (Whitgift and Emanuel). They are very different schools, and both have their merits (and all 3 get very good results).

It's more the type of environment your son will be happy in - and thrive in.

Happy for you to DM me.

Whatever you decide, I wouldn't make the decision based on the journey (they cope fine with the train to Croydon - though driving there for parents evening etc is a complete pain!). It's more about the type of child you have and what will work for them in terms of the teaching style and environment.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.