We recognise that schools are looking for children who can demonstrate individuality and express ideas fluently and naturally - which sounds far easier than it actually is! We have designed an 11+ programme that covers all bases. It is key to mix up learning styles to keep interest and momentum, and our individual tuition and workshops offer access to the best tutors and resources. In addition to this practical support we have a designated 11+ team to advise about schools and listen to your concerns.
1. Academic Assessments: Many students start their 11+ journey with an academic assessment, which provides a very clear picture of the level your child is working at and the areas they might need to improve. We are one of the few UK agencies to offer the CEM Academic Assessment which helps to identify a child’s potential and is used by over 70% of the top Independent schools as part of their selection process at 7+ and 11+.
2. One to One tuition: At Mentor it is all about great teaching and our tutors are 11+ experts with oodles of school entrance experience. Handpicked, they share our values that developing confidence and a love of learning is key to success. All our tutors are fully checked (DBS and references) and will have proven results.
3. Workshops: Learning in groups offers varied perspectives and ideas. Our popular courses will offer your child an excellent all-round 11+ prep. The ability to tackle certain questions is key, and our teachers will give them the tools and tips to solve problems confidently and systematically. Suitable for Yr 5 pupils preparing for selective schools inc: Alleyn's, City, DC, Emanuel, GDST, JAGS, KCS and the Grammars. Book on to our Easter Course 14-16th April.
4. Mock Exams: Oct, Nov and December dates. Helping your child to feel confident in a test setting, under timed conditions. Detailed reports will include critical last-minute advice.
5. Interview Technique: How to express your ideas and present your best self. Group classes with an11+ Interview specialist, covering an assortment of subjects and unique activities.
AND FINALLY…We are incredibly proud to share the news that over 90% of our wonderful 11+ graduates gained places at their first-choice schools (100% first and second) with many scholarships!
Please get in touch if you would like to learn more about how we can help.
0208 883 2519 or firstname.lastname@example.org