Honeywell, Alderbrook, Ravenstone or Belleville?

2 posts
FogWorks
Options:
Share this post on:

Honeywell, Alderbrook, Ravenstone or Belleville?

Postby FogWorks » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:26 pm

Hello, we are moving soon into Honeywell Catchment and applying for admissions for our children (not Reception or Yr 3).
If there aren't available places, we will need to nominate other schools, so are looking at Belleville, Alderbrook and Ravenstone. Does anyone have any feedback on Alderbrook? It doesn't seem to get much of a mention and I noticed there is no catchment zone on the latest maps. Alternatively, any advice on the others? We can only put down 3.

Thanks!
sid_seal
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Honeywell, Alderbrook, Ravenstone or Belleville?

Postby sid_seal » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:39 pm

If you search for my posts on this forum you will identify me as a firm Alderbrook supporter. It's a great school, small enough for children to know a good number of children outside their year group (at least in times when mixing was not a problem!), to know all teachers and for teachers outside their year group to know them. I often feel it's been unfairly snubbed in favour of the ones you mention, particularly Honeywell and Belleville.
It's a very happy place for children, but don't believe that this is all rainbows and unicorns at the expense of academic rigour; I have been consistently impressed with the quality of the teaching and the level of challenges my children are set, and I feel they are really supported to grow into well-rounded young people. 
During lockdown they pretty much hit the ground running with home learning, and from Day 1, Lockdown 1 the quality and quantity of the work set was such that children were kept busy but not overwhelmed. I hope we don't need to worry about home learning anymore, but it's just another point to show the level of planning the headteacher and his team do. I would definitely recommend the school - in normal times I would recommend a visit, but I am not sure how this might possible in Covid times!