Private primaries around Wandsworth Bridge

4 posts
Olivia654
Options:
Share this post on:

Private primaries around Wandsworth Bridge

Postby Olivia654 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:48 pm

Hi,

I'm expecting my first child and know that London is a bit manic with school places. I'd like to put them down for 1-2 schools straight away just in case, and would love your thoughts on the following, or if there are any I've missed within easy travel of Wandsworth Bridge/Wandsworth Town area. 

My main criteria is that I'd ideally like confirmation of a place as soon as I register, I really don't believe in assessments for such tiny children. Also how do you go about getting them into the relevant nursery, most admissions info seems to focus on reception. Is the best approach to phone the registrar in any case?

So - which of the below schools do not assess and offer firm places in order of registration, and what are your views of them? Are there any you can get away with registering when the child is older? Have I missed any?

Thomas’s
Dolphin School 
Hurlingham School 
The Roche
Wandsworth Preparatory School
Parkgate House
Northcote Lodge
Broomwood Hall
Eaton House The Manor

Thanks!

WhiteKnight
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Private primaries around Wandsworth Bridge

Postby WhiteKnight » Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:41 am

I can highly recommend The Roche, both in terms of location from that area and also as a fabulous school. You should contact them and ask all your questions.
Nutshell
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Nutshell » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:49 am

Finton House is also a wonderful (non-selective) school, with such a friendly and welcoming environment.    
I can highly recommend this school.    
https://www.fintonhouse.org.uk/
Beachboys
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Beachboys » Mon Apr 12, 2021 10:50 am

I have two children at Dolphin School and one who's recently finished year 6 there. I can highly recommend it for lots of reasons - please pm me if you'd like a chat or have any questions. It's non-selective and has a feeder nursery (Noah's Ark). As to your specific admissions questions, I wouldn't want to give you the wrong info so I suggest you call or email Mrs Vivienne Benson, the registrar. She's lovely and friendly.