Dolphin School: The hidden jewel of the Northcote Road

3 posts
Annabel (admin)
Site Admin
Options:
Share this post on:

Dolphin School: The hidden jewel of the Northcote Road

Postby Annabel (admin) » Fri Sep 24, 2021 3:18 pm

If you amble along the Northcote Road on a school morning, you’ll pass the cafes with the aroma of fresh coffee and pastries, the street stall owners are kneading dough for their daily fresh Pizzas and shop keepers are busy readying their displays for the day ahead. The road could be mistaken, just for a moment, for a fresh take of the scene in Notting Hill where Hugh Grant walks down the Portabello road and the seasons fluidly change, but the community and the vibe of the road remains constant. This is a community in full swing. 

Half way down the road, the number of shops decrease and you stumble on a church. It’s quite an imposing structure on the road and therefore quite easy to miss that there is a school and nursery inside – a hidden jewel amongst the clamour of London life. Each morning boys and girls, immaculately dressed in their uniform are greeted by the school’s Senior Team – they currently sign (Covid-friendly) good morning in Makaton, look them in the eye and greet them with confidence. Today is an exciting new day for learning.

Click here to read more...
sian1
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Dolphin School: The hidden jewel of the Northcote Road

Postby sian1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:00 pm

As a Dolphin alumni (my twins started Emanuel secondary school this Sept) I am very sad to have missed Mr Gosden taking over as head. The school has always been the most nuturing environment for my children to succeed. The teachers live the ethos - put others first, are always kind and genuinely love the kids.

The new head is truly inspirational. The school is full of Joy and fun - just look at their instagram page! It's becoming a more creative place too with Mr Gosden's musical and singing talents and Mr Schmidt's (deputy head) talent for art and drama.

All the alumni and parents I know would thoroughly recommend it. They're having an open on Tues 12th October so do take a look.
Beachboys
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Dolphin School: The hidden jewel of the Northcote Road

Postby Beachboys » Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:09 am

I have one child at a top London senior school and two still at Dolphin. It's one of those rare places that recognises that happy, confident (but not conceited) children will achieve, whether that's academically, musically, artistically or all of the above. 

The new head bring a great energy and has shown he is present and ready to listen. He has already made a host of positive changes and it's amazing to see the impact he has had, in such a short time, on the staff, students and parent body.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.