English Creative Writing and Exam Prep with The Writing Box!

1 post
thewritingbox_edu
Options:
Share this post on:

English Creative Writing and Exam Prep with The Writing Box!

Postby thewritingbox_edu » Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:07 pm

My name is Matilda, I am a year 5 teacher at a primary school in Balham, and am also the founder of The Writing Box, a new business born out of my love for English and writing, that offers small group workshops delivering high quality English support to primary school pupils across London (focussing on the area of South West London at the mo!) 

Our workshops take place at Rutherford House School, during the holidays. We are relatively new, with our first workshop over May half term this year, but have gained momentum quickly and have had incredibly positive feedback from all parents and children thus far, meaning we feel ready and keen to expand outside the RHS community. We are launching our October Half Term workshops at the moment, and thought this would be a good time to open our doors for other little stars to learn and create with us. 

At present we are offering two courses - Find Your Words , which is centred around creative writing and is open to Y3, 4, 5, and 6, and Plan To Succeed, which is centred around exam preparation, Verbal Reasoning, comprehension and SPAG and is open to Y5 and Y6.

Whilst the workshops differ slightly, their premise is the same: to guide children through their first steps as writers, readers and English enthusiasts, to assess and plug gaps in certain areas of the English curriculum, and to provide a space that encourages creativity and enjoyment, leading to boosts of confidence and enjoyment of a subject which is fundamental in a child’s future successes. Our workshops are delivered by our experienced, passionate teachers, to inspire your children through their English journey, whatever the focus of the workshop may be. 

If you feel you might be interested in what I have outlined above, then please do let me know or visit our website for further information.

Best wishes, 

Matilda