Wimbledon Park reception class 2014

4 posts
sarahdassi
Options:
Share this post on:

Wimbledon Park reception class 2014

Postby sarahdassi » Wed May 14, 2014 9:40 pm

Hello

My eldest daughter is due to start reception at Wimbledon Park primary in September. She is currently at a local nursery with her sister. I work 4 days a week in the city and am starting to panic a little about wrap around care for my eldest.

Has anyone successfully found a wrap around nanny? Do they actually exist or is it an urban legend?? I have recently posted the job description for a nanny on ********* but had very little interest. I've also spoken to a couple of agencies who have also advised me that it is very difficult to find wrap around nannies.

So my question is what are parents to do? Breakfast club and after school clubs are ok but I worry my daughter will be exhausted and also how do parents do a double drop off and double pick up? First to nursery, then school all before 8 to make it into work by 9...am bamboozled.
I don't really want to take my youngest (17 months) out of nursery as she is a little tornado and LOVES nursery. Is taking her out of nursery and finding a full time nanny the only solution??

Any help or reassurance from mum's who have been through this appreciated!
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Wimbledon Park reception class 2014

Postby supermummy » Wed May 14, 2014 10:33 pm

It's tricky, I'm currently off work but I do know other parents who have this issue.

Some have au pairs but some do have wrap around nannies, it will just be harder to find someone as they obviously need to be able to earn a living. Some do a nanny share so the nanny is looking after another child in the day but then adds yours on at pick up time. Can you offer extra hours for cleaning/chores to make it worth their while? If you can get in touch with other parents from the class you night be able to share a nanny, pay higher rate and split the cost. I know some parents also share nursery/ school drop offs.. Just a few thoughts.
CHT
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CHT » Mon May 19, 2014 7:26 am

We use breakfast club / after school club, and my husband and I take turns to drop off or pick up so we either get to work early or stay late. Obviously not all jobs are flexible to accommodate this, so we are lucky that we can make it work like this.

We found our son was fine with the full days, as he had done similar hours at nursery anyway. It does mean, however, that things like swimming lessons either happen at the weekend or quite late at night, as we can't make the typical 1600 type time lessons (more feasible now he's older)
Aliw
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Aliw » Tue May 20, 2014 9:09 pm

My son will also be starting at Wimbledon Park School in September in reception. We have so far used a local childminder who doesn't mind doing after school pickups and we have really found that works best for us. It's very tricky but there are some really good childminders who look after children at the same school so you should easily find someone. We found ours by talking to my sons friends parents as well as using Merton and Wandsworth FIS. Good luck!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.