Newton Prep 2016 11+ results

4 posts
Pyra
Options:
Share this post on:

Newton Prep 2016 11+ results

Postby Pyra » Tue Sep 06, 2016 1:51 pm

Hello,
I am looking for advice from parents whose children attend Newton Prep school in Battersea. I looked up the 11+ results for this year, and in general they seem to significantly lag previous years' results in terms of destination schools. Is anyone aware of structural reasons which may have led to this, or do you think it is just an off year? My daughter has just started at Newton Prep (Lower School), and I would like to fill gaps in my knowledge about the school, its approach and ethos. Thank you.
Clare_f
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Newton Prep 2016 11+ results

Postby Clare_f » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:39 am

if your child goes there, why not make an appointment with the head to discuss this, rather than rely on anecdotal evidence? Results can vary for a huge number of reasons. If results have been pretty static in previous years, I'd put it down to cohort but it's difficult to know until next year's results are published.

Go and meet with the head, I'm sure it will be beneficial.

Edited to add: their website says this: 'Our results in 2015 saw our highest yet offer of scholarships across both Year 6 and Year 8: 41 in total! Eighteen Academic, sixteen Sport, three Art, three Music and one Drama.'

I haven't done any comparisons but this seems pretty good.
Pyra
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pyra » Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:56 pm

It is the 2016 results which are quite poor compared to previous years', as well as to other schools. I posted here to get some input from NP parents who may know possible reasons for this. I have had an informal chat with the Head which wasn't very enlightening.
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Goldhawk » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:21 am

What schools are you comparing NP to?