Seeking opinions on the local state options?

4 posts
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Seeking opinions on the local state options?

Postby Goldhawk » Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:43 pm

I know this forum is dominated by the private choices but wondered if anyone had any comments/experience of...

Lambeth Academy
Burntwood
La Retraite

Looking at the admissions data it seems you don't need to be Catholic to get into La Retraite
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Seeking opinions on the local state options?

Postby Goldhawk » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:04 pm

anyone?
papinian
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby papinian » Sun Jul 02, 2017 9:34 pm

If it doesn't charge £15,000 a year then most posters on this website are not interested. :roll:

The results at La Retraite have improved significantly in the past three or four years, even though the intake has remained largely the same. It's definitely on the up but still behind other Catholic girls secondary alternatives such as Ursuline, St Phil's and Sacred Heart. If you're not Catholic I'd be doubtful if you'd get a place. If you are Catholic I'd wonder why you aren't at least considering some of the others. St Phil's seems like a long way but (if Southern works!) it is not so far by train.

Burntwood is good - certainly the best non-Catholic Wandsworth/Lambeth secondary choice for girls after Graveney, but you do have to wonder with the selective places if it shouldn't be getting better results. It's got a shiny new building but they don't impress me. It's also not so easy to access by public transport.
oskemen9
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby oskemen9 » Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:28 pm

Does anyone have any experience - good or bad - with sacred heart high school in Hammersmith? I’m specifically curious about how your kids coped with the commute in Y7…thanks

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.