Morning and after school drop offs - Beatrix potter

4 posts
vlm79
Options:
Share this post on:

Morning and after school drop offs - Beatrix potter

Postby vlm79 » Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:37 pm

Hello there
Just starting to think about Reception places for my little boy and as a full time working mum who needs to drop off at 7:30 and collect 5:30 five days a week, would any one know of a before / after school nanny who would be able to do this for Earlsfield primary or BP? Also does anyone have any reviews of Swaffield primary?
Just getting an idea! Many thanks :)
Kyoung78
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Morning and after school drop offs - Beatrix potter

Postby Kyoung78 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:23 am

Hi there,

Trying to work out the childcare once they start school is pretty tricky - in many ways it is so much easier when they are in nursery!

I don't know of any local nannies, but you asked for some feedback about Swaffield. Both my sons go there (Year 1 and Year 3) and they have both flourished there. It is a really lovely school and the teachers are just brilliant. In terms of wrap around care, there is an on-site breakfast club and after school care run by the Brocklebank nursery. My sons go twice a week to ASC (breakfast club starts at 7.15am and after school care runs until 6pm each evening so that would fit with the hours you are looking for. The ladies that run is are just marvellous - they are always running about with the children, doing crafts and other activities with them and I struggle to get my boys out of there in the evenings.

Do visit as many schools as you can on the list if you can before submitting your selections - it really helps to be able to get a feel for a school. And do let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck!

x
lemonzest
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lemonzest » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:47 am

I'm sure that there would be childminders offering wraparound care; and also breakfast and afterschool clubs at both BP and Earlsfield. You might find it easier to post on one of the SW18 Mums' Network pages on Facebook, as there are fewer SW18 Mums hanging about on here.

Like the previous poster, I have 2 children at Swaffield (one in nursery and one in year 3), and am very happy with the school. It is large, friendly, and diverse. I have used both the wraparound care on offer at the school; and a local childminder - my children have enjoyed both. There are so many extracurricular activities, and opportunities for the children to try a new skill. My eldest has benefitted from choir, ballet, recorder, chess club, fencing, tennis, Playball and Bollywood dancing lessons, during their four years at Swaffield, to name but a few of the clubs!

Feel free to private message me with any questions.
vlm79
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby vlm79 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:20 am

Thank you x

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.