Newton Prep travel (Y6)

1 post
LMM0
Options:
Share this post on:

Newton Prep travel (Y6)

Postby LMM0 » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:26 pm

Hi -
We're lucky enough to have had an offer from Newton Prep for our son to start this Sept in Y6. We're in Wandsworth and travel shouldn't be too bad, either a bus almost door to door, or bus from home to station then train to Queenstown Road. Probably 30-40 mins dependent on traffic.

To date he's gone to our local state primary, so walking distance. Now he'll be commuting - fine in the mornings, as one of us can go with him on the way in to work, until he's confident to go on his own if he wants. We both work full time and I'm pondering the afternoon travel back to home/childminder (depending on finish time, after school clubs etc) which he'd need to do on his own almost from the start. Is there anyone here with kids who do a similar trip on their own, and know whether there's ever any trouble outside school/on the buses? Trying not to be precious about it, but would be good to hear others' experiences! (Or indeed anyone with kids at NP of a similar age who live in Wandsworth/Earlsfield area for buddying? I guess I will find out from the school in due course but thought I'd ask here anyway).

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.