Will Belleville fine for an unauthorised absence in Reception?

3 posts
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Will Belleville fine for an unauthorised absence in Reception?

Postby szerma » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 pm

Hello all,
Please withhold judgement, this is a question about the practical implications of a decision we made with regards to holidays.

Essentially, due to the way we booked our holidays, our child will miss 3 days of school term in April, in reception at Belleville. She will have by then turned 5.

I appreciate that given this is not an emergency or any special reason, the school will not be able to authorise the absence. Will Belleville fine us for it? What if my child has a near perfect attendance record otherwise? If we get fined, is it a fine per day or for the absence?

I don’t mind paying the fine (happy to support the school financially, even if not entirely voluntarily), I am just curious what is in store for us.

How should I broach the subject - let them know ahead? Or post factum? I do not intend to lie about the reasons.

Many thanks,
M
Goldhawk
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Will Belleville fine for an unauthorised absence in Reception?

Postby Goldhawk » Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:27 pm

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/3271673/h ... -revealed/

Given the figures in this story above I would say you are unlikely to be fined
If you are it's £60 per parent
Alchemy
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Will Belleville fine for an unauthorised absence in Reception?

Postby Alchemy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm

I would think it is unlikely that you'll be fined, given the near-perfect attendance record.
szerma wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:34 pm How should I broach the subject - let them know ahead? Or post factum? I do not intend to lie about the reasons.
I would let the teacher know, it is helpful for them to be aware.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.