Chestnut Grove Academy triumphs at City Hall

1 post
jorigby
Options:
Share this post on:

Chestnut Grove Academy triumphs at City Hall

Postby jorigby » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:39 am

I wanted to share some really good news with you all.

On Friday, a team of Year 7 and Year 9 pupils from Chestnut Grove school presented at City Hall along with 5 other London school finalists in the Mayor's London Fund 'City Pitch'. The City Pitch started several months ago with 72 schools participating. School teams were invited to pitch for ideas to make bring positive change to their school and the wider community.

I'm so happy to write that the team from Chestnut Grove, the only Wandsworth school to make the finals, has won £1500 to activate their idea. They pitched to win with their idea of running sport and arts sessions at a local youth club, making it more inviting (or in their words 'cool') for children to attend. They will start work on their project in September.

The team was over the moon as they have been working on this for months. Their presentation was outstanding, the judges were amazed at how well they worked as a team and how well put together their idea was. My daughter was part of the pitch team, and I was able to take the day off work to watch her.  

The quality of ideas from all the schools was outstanding, and I feel so optimistic about the future with kids like these already stepping forward as leaders.  And a massive thanks to Ms Taylor, their teacher, was has mentored the team over the months.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.