Eaton House vs Parkgate

3 posts
evie16
Options:
Share this post on:

Eaton House vs Parkgate

Postby evie16 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:21 pm

Hello everyone,

I have a big dilemma as I am just about to choose a primary school for my daughter and simply cannot decide between the two; EHTM and PG. The two seem world apart!

I also have a boy who would join in a couple of years time so I need to consider school for both.

Any help, suggestions, informations would be MUCH appreciated x
mum_1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Eaton House vs Parkgate

Postby mum_1980 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:15 am

Hi evie16,

I feel for you. I don't have kids at either school but I did apply for Parkgate for entry into reception in 2016 for my son. I was super impressed by the pastoral care, the close knit community feel, and the relationship between the parents and the school. I felt that my kid would be cared for and nurtured and encouraged rather than forced to produce results. Unfortunately, in the end I did not take up the place simply because of the lack of boys in the older years. The school clearly starts with a 50:50 boy girl ratio in reception, but that year many boys had left. To be honest, I don't know if it was just that year or if lots of boys leave at 8 years old to go to boys prep schools. It is worth asking the school about this as you also have a boy. Or it might not make a difference to you if he is in a majority female class when he is older. I have a friend with a daughter there and she is very happy and I've only heard good things.

I don't know anything about Eaton House, but check out this thread which was recently posted from a parent wondering if she should move her son from Parkgate to Eaton House (in case you missed it): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=97956 

evie16
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Eaton House vs Parkgate

Postby evie16 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:59 pm

Thank you so much mum_1980 for taking the time to send the message above which I found very helpful! From what I hear parents and children from both EHTM and PH are happy with their schools :)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.