Primary Schools

3 posts
SW11london
Options:
Share this post on:

Primary Schools

Postby SW11london » Thu Sep 20, 2018 10:13 pm

Our daughter is at Shaftesbury Park Primary. Although we applied for the bi-lingual class, she received a place in the English class and is on the waiting list for the bi-lingual class.
There appears to be quite a difference between the 2 classes, as most of the children in the bi-lingual class are from international families, as is our daughter. And whilst the bi-lingual class is full, the English class is only half full.

The school seems very nice and friendly, and is well organised with a good feel.
Can anybody share their experience of the school, and of the differences between the 2 classes?
mum_1980
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Primary Schools

Postby mum_1980 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:07 am

Hi SW11london

I've got a friend whose kid is in the bilingual stream. I have to say I am super impressed by his French accent. My kids aren't there but I have visited it a couple of times and the impression I had was that the classes mix at break time and all the kids see and spend time together. So it is not a strict separation of classes like in Wix for example.

The best thing you can do is chat to one of the parents from the bilingual stream. If you are not sure which ones they are at the school gate, then ask the receptionist. She seemed like a very helpful woman when I spoke with her.

ckwmum
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Primary Schools

Postby ckwmum » Mon Sep 24, 2018 9:31 am

Hi, I have two kids at Shaftesbury Park, both in the bilingual stream. I think the classes mix quite well at break time and they have other shared events. If you are waiting for a place in the bilingual class, I would think your chances are very good - the international nature of the bilingual class means people move away/abroad quite a lot.

My experience is that the school is a lovely, warm, happy place for the kids to be, whatever stream they are in. The teachers know each individual child well, despite having around 30 kids in each class.  

If you have any specific questions, feel free to message me!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.