After School Club Leaders
part time, start date asap
London Steiner School is looking for a new faces to lead our After School Club (ASC). The ASC consists of two slots: the first one for the Early Years and Class One (from 12:30pm to 3:30pm) and the second one available to all ages (from 3:30pm to 5:30pm).
In line with Steiner Waldorf pedagogy we aim to create a calm and peaceful environment in which children can feel happy, confident and safe. It is, therefore, important that the ASC is led as an extension of our curriculum and that the principles and practice of Waldorf education are being reflected. The ASC takes place in one of the available rooms and can make use of our garden area, as well as trips to the local parks.
• Experience of working with children
• Ability to relate to and inspire children
• Personal warmth, patience, tolerance, empathy, understanding and positivity
• Awareness of Steiner/Waldorf teaching practices and principles, particularly for the Early Years
• Exceptional self-motivation and sense of responsibility
• Ability to both work as part of a team and independently, co-operating with staff and parents.
• Good communication skills
• Flexibility and positivity in attitude to work, with the sense of humour that is essential to the role
• Perseverance and patience
• Capacity to be a role model worthy of imitation by the children in your care.
• Willingness to learn and ability to self-reflect and develop.
• Paediatric first aid qualification
Please email: office@LondonSteinerSchool.org
London Steiner School is an Equal Opportunities and Safe Recruitment employer. We do not discriminate on the grounds of race, age, disability, sex, marital status, sexuality, ethnicity, religion or any other grounds upon which discrimination can occur as defined in law. All employees will be vetted for suitability to work with children and young people, and all appointments will be subject to the following: · Satisfactory DBS check · Satisfactory references · Proof of essential qualifications · Proof of eligibility to work in the UK