I agree with the posts above - definitely visit Ravenstone before you make a final decision - there’s an open morning at 9am this Tuesday (tomorrow)
Ravenstone is a really exceptional school with impressive academic results and a warm, friendly community. Our son is genuinely excited about going to school every day, which is pretty incredible. He has progressed from being unable to read when he joined Reception to reading Gold Band books (Oxford Level: 9) within 15 months - and loving them!
Here are some of my personal Ravenstone highlights:
* Friday morning assembly watching children as young as 4 years old confidently present to the whole school (and parents) every week.
* The kindness the children and staff show to one another.
* Hearing the children quote the school values to each other and self govern their behaviour to meet the high expectations they set themselves.
* The friends I’ve made among parents from all backgrounds and cultures - designers, charity leaders, finance specialists, CEOs, medical professionals, academics, and many, many more from all nationalities.
* The roles children are encouraged to apply for to develop their skills - Head boy & Girl, school journalist, chicken keeper, gardener etc.
* The emphasis on sport, dance and wellbeing (my son does yoga or mindfulness most days, plus PE, dance and music every week).
* The great, and growing, range of clubs.
* The exciting new uniform in the pipeline for September!
So many of the schools in Balham are good, we really are spoilt for choice, but Ravenstone is something very special.
Good luck with your decision!