Do I have to allow scaffolding on my land?

4 posts
CatCatDog
Options:
Share this post on:

Do I have to allow scaffolding on my land?

Postby CatCatDog » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:41 pm

One of the flats above us (who are leaseholders like us) have been given permission by our freeholder to extend into their loft. To do this, they need to put scaffolding on our property. This would mean months and months of misery for us. Do we have to allow this? It's not essential maintenance work, it's purely to improve their flat.
Has anyone else been in this situation, please? Thanks.
nannyS
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Do I have to allow scaffolding on my land?

Postby nannyS » Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:56 pm

Hi I have no personal experience but do a photographic memory : Click on this older post and maybe askĀ 
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=94456&p=219774&hil ... ng#p219774
rgreil
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rgreil » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:14 pm

No you don't. They can't do it without your consent.
sapmkjikun
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sapmkjikun » Mon Jun 14, 2021 2:59 pm

LOL. How did you get a hole in the house? You will need to hire a scaffold tower to repair it. I also had some issues with my house, this was because I transported it to my state, and during the road, it cracked a little bit. I knew that it will happen and I rented a scaffold tower and started to repair all the cracks on the walls of my new house. When I moved in I was shocked how far did the people get with the technologies. I was shocked that now we can transport a whole house from a place to another place, and then be able to live in it as nothing happened.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.