Any recommendations for a new bathroom?

4 posts
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Any recommendations for a new bathroom?

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Tue May 26, 2020 9:33 pm

We need to change an average-sized bathroom (tiles, sink, WC, shower, the whole lot). Any recommendations?

We will be getting a quote from Bathrooms at Source on Garratt Lane; I like the fact that the company sells and installs, so you are only dealing with one company if anything goes wrong.

Next to it is West One Bathroom, and closer to Wimbledon Park is CP Hart. However, I have a feeling they might both be more expensive, plus none of the two installs - they can put you in touch with recommended installers, but I have had very bad experiences with this system in the past (not with these two companies).

Thoughts / recommendations / experiences?
Alternatively, can you recommend a good builder that would redo a bathroom?
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Any recommendations for a new bathroom?

Postby boonkoh » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:37 pm

Complete bathroom remodel of 3 bathrooms about 2-3 years ago, and happy with the works and results. Going separate places, I think ended up saving quite a bit of money. The mark-up on bathroom tiles and fixtures can be really high.

Builder: We used Riga Interiors. Vitaliy is the owner. Small outfit, but he has several teams of builders, and we were quite impressed with the tiling quality.

Bathroom suppliers we used:
- Bathroom Discount Centre for fixtures, shower cabinets, etc. You do have to negotiate with them, the first price is never their final price. But cheaper than almost anywhere else we could find.
- Amazon for some small things (like taps and toilet roll holders etc)
- Plumbing4Less website. Got some toilet cisterns there much cheaper than elsewhere
- Porcelanosa. Showroom just over wandsworth bridge. Great tiles, can get discount if you haggle. Not too expensive, but it is quality.
- Bagno Design. Some of the tiles are super expensive, some are affordable, pick carefully. Again, can negotiate.
- Soak.com. Got some things from here like a standalone bathtub. Good value, but not everything.
- Sanctuary Bathrooms - got our towel radiators here
- Topps Tiles for some nice geometric tiles.
- PlumbCenter for radiator TRVs

Also if you're a first time buyer, I found that finding information online on the whole process of renovating was difficult, as a first timer. I've created a website with Help For First Time Buyers.
Last edited by boonkoh on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sarah1991
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Sarah1991 » Wed Jun 03, 2020 6:17 pm

We have recently had John and his team from smyth plumbing and heating in doing work at ours. They gave us a great quote on our bathroom. And have done a great job. They did everything from the installs to the tiling.
You can reach him on 07591115721
Goodluck with everything ;)
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:11 pm

Thank you, both

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.