Recommended Rental Agent for Battersea/Clapham?

6 posts
stjames88
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommended Rental Agent for Battersea/Clapham?

Postby stjames88 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:15 pm

Hello! We are moving (back!) to London in early 2021, and looking for a family home to rent around Northcote Road / Honeywell area. Does anyone have any great real estate agents they'd recommend? We want to get the kids back to school as soon as we can, so getting settled into one place would be amazing and not having to move around! 
AWMuM
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommended Rental Agent for Battersea/Clapham?

Postby AWMuM » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:15 am

Rochford Stokes, Independent agent based on Lavender Hill. If you look at their blog pages you will also see the latest article is all about Letting houses to families in the area
rubyonrails
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rubyonrails » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:22 am

Rampton Baseley on Nothcote road. Friend has rented out her 5 bed house for about 10 years through them and always raves.
amber100
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby amber100 » Mon Jun 22, 2020 7:36 am

I second Rampton Baseley, Northcote Road. After using many local agents to try and find a property to rent we found them honest, with a great selection of quality homes and not too pushy.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Mon Jun 22, 2020 2:49 pm

Hi - are you American? The reason I ask is that you describe them as "real estate" agents, and to say that they don't work the same here as they do in the US. Here you really need to be signed on with as many agents as possible as they will only show you properties whose owners have registered with them. It's not like in the US where they can show you everything that's on the market. So really you want to be registering with all the agents in the area you're looking for and calling them on a regular basis so they know you're keen and if anything good comes up you'll hopefully get first dibs. If you stick with one agent you may miss the perfect property.
LoveSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby LoveSW11 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:43 am

If you’re going to be searching for a place before you arrive, you might want to get help from a local property sourcer (a bit like a US realtor).

I have lived and rented off Northcote Rd since 2005 and have 3 kids in the local primary and secondary schools, we absolutely love it here as sounds like you know the area too? PM me if you think I may be able to help.