What removal company would you recommend?

4 posts
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

What removal company would you recommend?

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:09 pm

We need to move locally, a short distance only, and want a company that will also help with packing (they bring boxes, tape, help us pack, etc)

A few years ago we used Harradines. Very good service, they charged about £1,500 including packing.

At the time the cheapest quote (£1k) was Roberts & Denny's but they weren't available the day we needed to move.

What companies would you recommend?
Do you also remember how much they cost? We were charged £1.5k to move a 3-bed but without a lot of furniture.

I see that "white van gentlemen", "gentleman and a van" and "Burke & Wills" are all local but I don't know any one who has used them.

PS Please, if you have only just registered to the forum, or if you have only made a couple of posts, don't bother replying: the odds that your recommendation isn't genuine will be too high, unfortunately!

FrankJ
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What removal company would you recommend?

Postby FrankJ » Thu Aug 20, 2020 9:20 am

We use Gentleman & A Van and we were very happy. The costs you mention is roughly what we paid to move from a 3 bedroom flat around Battersea Park to a house near Clapham Common Westside.
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:55 pm

Burke and Wills. I have never heard anyone say a bad word against them. They are great albeit not the cheapest.
Expatacular
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Expatacular » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:12 pm

Second for gentleman and a van. Used them in February to pack up our two bedroom flat and move us to our new house. Very happy with the service. They were efficient, polite, and best of all, everything was moved without a single broken plate. Worth the money.