Sorry, I should have mentioned Greenlife Contractors are the same outfit, i.e the people who are at APT. They have used different Directors and addresses for the business but are all from APT.
My advice for whomever you appoint:
1. Check Companies House and also the financials of the company, how much debt they are the in, the number of companies the Directors are on etc or their connections to other companies
2. Ensure you have an appropriate contract like a JCT, and that the Director of the company is also personally liable. If it’s just the company, they can just dissolve and start another one. If it’s the Director’s named personally, they can be pursued if something goes wrong.
3. Check insurances, how much they subcontract or if they have their own team etc. If they have own team, they should have employers liability etc as well as other insurances.
4. Strongly suggest getting what is known as a performance bond, so covers company going insolvent or not doing works to agreed specification.
5. Size of team, how many jobs at any one time and also to ask for qualifications and experience of each person on team.