DIY-Kitchens

4 posts
RoaringLioness
Options:
Share this post on:

DIY-Kitchens

Postby RoaringLioness » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:58 pm

Has anyone ordered/installed a kitchen from DIY-Kitchens? We are tempted due to their competitive prices. Particularly interested in condition of the units when they arrived and if getting replacements units/parts if damaged on arrival was easy and what customer service was like given they are based in Yorkshire. Was installation straightforward and has it proven to be durable? We’re in a medium term home so want something with decent quality that doesn’t break the bank (don’t we all!). Looking forward to hearing your thoughts.
RoaringLioness
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: DIY-Kitchens

Postby RoaringLioness » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:59 pm

Also feel free to recommend any local builders who do kitchen fitting and able to take on other jobs such as replacing windows/external doors and carpentry for built in storage. Thanks!
Helpwithschools
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Helpwithschools » Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:59 am

Yes, we used them and are really happy with our kitchen. I went up there pre lockdown and they helped me design the kitchen and when I had to make some tweaks later, they were equally helpful over the phone. As soon as we went into lockdown, it became impossible to speak to anyone and get help with the actual ordering - not surprising really as I assume they had to furlough everyone - but we got there in the end. Delivery was a bit of a pain but bearing in mind it was all done during Covid, I think overall it was a good service.

I’d use them again as the value for money is excellent and I’d put the patchy customer service down to them trying to operate as best as possible during COVID.
SWtastic
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby SWtastic » Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:11 am

Our DIY kitchen was delivered on Saturday and looks very good.  The delivery men said if we find any marks or knocks to the cabinets to ring straight away and a new one will be delivered within three days as they have three trucks delivering to London each day.  The cabinets are built i.e. not flat packed and you can opt for dry assembly e.g. not fully glued cupboards for areas where the builder may have to do some adaptations e.g. we're putting a 600 wall unit around the boiler.

I designed ours using their online planner and then had a day trip to Pontefract after first lockdown and went through it with one of their consultants who suggested some very good tweaks which ultimately saved me even more £.  I had subsequent questions and their telephone customer service has been excellent although I know they are really busy and sometimes you have to submit an online query rather than phone (they respond within 24 hours).  You can order sample doors to be sent to see the quality.  My only criticism would be their delivery date system - you are given two possible dates it could be delivered on, and these are confirmed only a few days before it is being delivered.  I'd make sure you get it delivered the week before as they deliver from M-Su every week and if you request your week it could come on the Sunday of that week i.e. right at the end of the week, which might not work with your builder's timings.

Our friends have just installed their own DIY kitchen and are very impressed.  They had a damaged cabinet but said it was very quickly replaced.

We paid just shy of £8k for 38 items which comprise the kitchen, including quartz worktops (our kitchen is 5.4m x 2m).  Magnet quoted £12k but didn't have the range of sizes in cabinets I wanted.  Wickes really couldn't be bothered and quoted £9k, not including worktops and they'd missed approx 1.2m of the kitchen off the plan completely!  We looked at Ikea and I didn't really like any of the styles plus, when I visited the DIY showroom, it was clear the quality of theirs was much better.  Our builder is impressed with the quality too.

It felt like a bit of a leap of faith for me to order from them, but so far, so good.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.