Where to move after Earlsfield/WC?

1 post
wheretomovetonexthelp
Options:
Share this post on:

Where to move after Earlsfield/WC?

Postby wheretomovetonexthelp » Mon Feb 15, 2021 7:14 pm

Hi, I am looking for advice on areas that my husband and I may be happy moving to. I feel like someone on here must know someone in the same position as us. During lockdown it has been impossible to go to any areas and get a true 'vibe' of an area and so I thought it might be helpful to get opinions of people who may know these areas better than we do. So, here goes....we have lived in Wandsworth Common for about ten years now, we have a toddler and a baby on the way. Sadly, our flat is no longer suitable. We are looking at areas which are within driving distance of Wimbledon (40 mins or less), commutable into London and within an hour of Wandsworth Common (as family live here). We obviously adore where we live now, love the open greenery of the common, the friendly people, community vibe (NCT, so many fitness classes/baby classes/sports) and walking distance to lots of great 'high streets' (Northcote road, Balham, Earlsfield). Please advise us on where we may be happy with a similar kind of family friendly community? Schooling is also way up on the priority list - we don't want to move again for a long while. So far we have Cheam and Banstead on the list. Reigate although dreamy, seems way too far away. Does anyone have any experience of these two areas? Thanks so much in advance!