Exterior - brick cleaning and repointing

3 posts
cbee13
Options:
Share this post on:

Exterior - brick cleaning and repointing

Postby cbee13 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 5:31 pm

Hi all - has anyone had their exterior brickwork cleaned and repointed lately? We've just bought a new home - it's beautiful, but a little weathered and needs some external maintenance. I have no idea of the cost... 

Very grateful for any recommendations and approx ballpark cost (I appreciate it must depend on house size, extent of repointing needed etc). I've seen some quite old posts on this on the forum - want to see what cost and recommendations are these days (everything being so much more expensive!). 

Thanks very much in advance!
AlexH11
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Exterior - brick cleaning and repointing

Postby AlexH11 » Mon Jul 18, 2022 10:51 pm

Hello, we had the brickwork of our Victorian terrace cleaned / repointed in 2019 and it cost £4.3k. We also then had the masonry round the windows / porch re-plastered / painted and that was another £700. I would budget for that too as there will likely be some damage to the window sills etc as they carry out the work.

We used Brickpoint London who were very good and we were pleased with the job they did. The only slight caveat to that is that I think they usually do jobs on bigger properties, so it felt a little bit rushed but their work is very good in the round. We have recommended them to friends too and they did a great job on theirs.
2009Kat
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Exterior - brick cleaning and repointing

Postby 2009Kat » Tue Jul 19, 2022 10:49 am

Yes.  We used Alin at Point Brick earlier this year:

https://www.point-brick.co.uk/

He did a great job, extremely decent man.  He has done at least 4 or 5 houses on our street! If you pm me I can tell you where so you can go have a look.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.