Reigate Grammar School

2 posts
Reigate
Options:
Share this post on:

Reigate Grammar School

Postby Reigate » Sun Oct 23, 2022 8:28 pm

We are considering moving out to Reigate and wondered if anyone else had done it and if so, how did you find it? Do you have any view of Reigate St Marys/Reigate Grammar School? Thanks
kirstysimone57
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Reigate Grammar School

Postby kirstysimone57 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 8:05 am

We have moved to Reigate , and are really happy here. Absolutely no regrets from moving from South London. Many young families from South London have done the same.

We love our life, we have lots of local friends.
It’s great as when we do go out we always walk home or walk. The high st is great although mostly woman’s clothes shops , coffee bars and restaurants. I don’t particularly like Morrisons but it’s useful still . There are also lots of lovely clubs, such as the local tennis and cricket club . The cricket club in particular has a great social scene especially on friday evenings in the summer , as the kids members play and parents drink .

. Our children are really settled . Our children attend the local state schools and so far we are impressed . My daughter is in y5 and will most go to either St Bedes (outstanding state but need to pray ) or Dunottar Sch for senior . Dunottar School is a small secondary , less swishy facilities but still
good , markets itself as very caring focusing on the whole child .

i personally don’t have any close friends who attend Reigate Grammar . From what i have heard locally it has a reputation of being an academic hot house. So your children will really need to be academically driven to do well and be happy here . Reigate St Mary’s is a local prep school, and i have neighbours children who attend St Mary’s, but it does have a traffic light system. Green who will
likely get into the senior, etc. Many parents chose this school to avoid having to do the entrance exam for the Senior Sch, but instead in Y4 and Y5 there is a pressure for children to constantly be performing well. The school will decide if your child will get into the Grammar in early Y5, late September . I know of families who children are having to pay extra tuition for exam practice as there kids didnt get green lighted.

For other local private schools there is Mickenfield Sch, and there is Hawthorns School which has very impressive facilities is a short drive away,(more so if you live North side of Reigate)

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.