What couldn't you live without in your kitchen?

63 posts
Garfield007
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: What couldn't you live without in your kitchen?

Postby Garfield007 » Sun Jun 21, 2015 3:41 pm

If you have enough space, you can consider putting your crockery in deep drawers rather than on shelves, so you don't have to move the front row items on the shelf to reach those at the back row.

Hot water tap is absolutely useful. You can do without a kettle, which is one less thing on the kitchen surface. Plus imagine if you want to cook pasta or boil vegetables or eggs in the morning, you don't have to wait forever for the water to boil. There are also version of taps which come with instant hot water and filter water.

If you like to eat healthy steam food, like steam your vegetable, a steam oven is quite handy. You can discard the microwave in this case. It may not heat food as fast but certainly healthier and safer.

Dishwashers is a must, don't think I can ever survive without one.

Good luck with your kitchen renovation. You can also look up for ex-display designer kitchen which come with all the branded appliances at a fraction of normal price if your kitchen is flexible in size and layout. Usually the appliances on display are hardly ever used if at all, but mostly the more expensive range of the made which is very good value.
dudette
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby dudette » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:57 pm

Just looking through this thread and someone recommended Mowlem & Co. I'd like to unrecommend them. They were phenomenally expensive for what we got and their aftercare was rubbish once the kitchen was installed - it was months before the designer bothered to come and see it and that was only after we'd complained about numerous things. The most annoying thing was that the oven trays don't fit in the sink. Makes me furious every time I have to wash them. Oh and I wanted a steam oven that was plumbed in but we got one which isn't and you have to fill up a container of water and empty the other one incessantly. Pain in the butt - I hardly ever use it now. Again this was in a new refurbishment and I assumed they would put a plumbed one in. They also gave us a drawer that was about an inch deep, i.e. total waste of space. It's a huge kitchen and we don't have enough cupboard space. I wouldn't touch them again with a bargepole.
sadialifestyle
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sadialifestyle » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:37 am

Hello,

Kitchen has become more of an entertainment space. Storage is important and a pantry style cabinet is very useful!
For healthy eating a steam oven is a must as you can cook and re-heat the food without loosing its taste and texture.

Hope this is useful!
Lifestyle Design and Build

88 Clapham Park Road, London SW4 7BX

http://www.lifestylebyasq.co.uk/

https://www.facebook.com/LifestyleDB

tel 0207 720 3082

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.