Cellar utility room

4 posts
supermummy
Options:
Share this post on:

Cellar utility room

Postby supermummy » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:10 am

We have a standard bare brick cellar which I'm interested in having converted into a utility room. I've seen a few when viewing houses and I'm thinking I'd want a sink, full wall of cupboards, tiled floor and to incorporate the tumble dryer and hot water tank which are already down there.

We don't want to do a full basement conversion. Has anyone had just this done and can recommend builders?

I am assuming it would need to be tanked but not sure if they would need to dig down - the head height is not bad.

Any suggestions/tips?
astro
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Cellar utility room

Postby astro » Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi supermummy,

I know it’s been a while since you posted the above but we have exactly the same question, and was wondering whether you had gone ahead with the basement conversion and if so, if you have a any tips for how it was done or who you used?

Thanks,

Shelda
AHubLondon
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AHubLondon » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:14 pm

We've done this for a few clients - the main thing is existing head height. We try to maximise the space by creating a niche for the sink/washer/dryer. PM us if you'd like us to visit to have a look. 
Giles Empire
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Giles Empire » Mon Dec 17, 2018 6:44 am

We have completed a few of these recently Supermummy and they are becoming increasingly more popular. There are different options available from a simple tanking system to a full waterproofing system with dual pumps. Please do get in touch if you would like to discuss further. There are also examples on our Instagram empire.builders.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.