Anglian Home Improvements...

3 posts
Azilal10
Options:
Share this post on:

Anglian Home Improvements...

Postby Azilal10 » Tue Nov 25, 2014 11:14 am

....have any of you ever used them before and if so what did you have them do and what was your experience/opinion of them? We are considering using them for a garage conversion.....many thanks
Sparklyglitter
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Anglian Home Improvements...

Postby Sparklyglitter » Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:25 am

Don't do it!
There are so many other good (generally local) companies out there, who are friendlier, more professional and so much cheaper!
Anglian insist that your husband is there and spend ages wasting your time - then give you an astronomical quote that they then expect to haggle with you over!
The company we have gone with were a third of the price of Anglian.
Since Anglian came around to quote we have been harrassed by phone calls from them even though on the first one I explained we were going with someone else.
I would look on checkatrade in your area and ask for some reccomendations from local friends or neighbours.
Good Luck!
RichmondResident
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Anglian Home Improvements...

Postby RichmondResident » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:38 pm

Shockingly bad service from Anglian and at least twice the price of other reputable companies out there!

We wanted out driveway paved in 2012.
They cancelled the contract about 8 weeks in to the process as they said planning permission for a drop kerb for parking was not authorised by the council. This didn't matter as planning permission for a driveway itself is not even needed so I have no idea why they cancelled the contract!
They also said they had miscalculated their initial quote after 6 weeks and said we now owed £900 in order to progress but gave no reason as to why this had happened. They spent over 10 hrs at our property and still managed to miscalculate.
Read the small print - even if they cancel the contract, they will charge you £500 which we managed to get back after threatening legal action over their many blunders.
Very poor communication from the sales person too....

Would never use them for any work.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.