Aeroplane Noise

4 posts
Hedger
Options:
Share this post on:

Aeroplane Noise

Postby Hedger » Sat Feb 21, 2015 7:12 am

Aarghh! Is it just me or has it got a lot worse recently? (We live off Northcote Road)

I'm thinking of getting double glazing for our existing sash windows - has anyone else done this? Who did you use and how expensive was it? (I don't want the double glazing units that are screwed into the inside of the window frame as I don't want to change the appearance of the windows.

Will also replace blinds with interfaced curtains.

Anyone got any other ideas? I am fed up of being woke. Up at 5:30am every morning!
Calaya
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Aeroplane Noise

Postby Calaya » Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:26 pm

We put double glazing everywhere and it hardly made a difference. The only thing that works is secondary window but I don't know who can do that and whether it will be possible to fit some on your windows
If anyone could make a recommendation, that would be great
StephanieHolme
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby StephanieHolme » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:43 pm

We are also finding it unbearable - we can't hear one another when we speak! I found this way to complain to the council and they encourage you to do so: https://www.heathrow.com/noise/what-you ... bout-noise

boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby boonkoh » Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:54 am

I live in the Nightingale Triangle, and haven't noticed any increase in the aeroplane noise, despite keeping windows open pretty much all the time during the day over this summer.

Could be the flight paths are more North (towards Clapham Junction, so affecting the between the commons and Northcote Road more?)

I do notice that when I'm out at Clapham Common or at Northcote Road that I do hear the planes, but had put it down to being outdoors instead of indoors.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.