Conveyancing Recommendations!

3 posts
viva
Options:
Share this post on:

Conveyancing Recommendations!

Postby viva » Fri May 26, 2017 5:02 pm

Hi there

I'm in the process of buying a property and am hoping I could have some recommendations for good and speedy local conveyancing and also for good home surveyors.

Many thanks
x
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Conveyancing Recommendations!

Postby boonkoh » Sat Jul 08, 2017 11:23 pm

If you're getting a mortgage, make sure the lender you're using does not insist on using a shortlisted panel of conveyancers - otherwise you will have to choose from that panel (or worse, get randomly assigned).

I would try Francesca at Goodlaw. She was excellent, albeit pricey. She won't go very proactive in giving you unsolicited information and advice, so you do have to be the type that likes to ask questions and push to get something out of her, but she is very knowledgeable and helpful when questions are put forward to her.

For surveyor, I used Jon Peck at Colin White Associates for a home survey. He's very friendly, do try to meet him at the property while he's doing his survey. He was very happy to discuss any concerns or questions I had on the property. Again, pricey compared to other quotes I got but I felt it was worth the extra spent.
AlexFord
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Conveyancing Recommendations!

Postby AlexFord » Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:54 am

You could try Brian Craig at Meaby, costs were ok and he got us out of some pretty spectacular difficulites...
2 Camberwell Church Street | London | SE5 8QY
T: 0207 7035034 | F: 0207 7083711
DX 35300 Camberwell Green
www.meaby.co.uk

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.