Recommendation for Exterior Decorator - 2 front doors

3 posts
abbevillelocal
Options:
Share this post on:

Recommendation for Exterior Decorator - 2 front doors

Postby abbevillelocal » Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:18 am

Hi,

Has anyone had their front door painted recently?

I'm looking for a decorator to paint mine and my neighbours (plus the door surrounds) at the same time before winter.

They are fairly standard to the area - with four panes of glass in the top and a glass panel over the front door.

I've had a huge varied of quotes right up to £750 ex VAT excluding materials which is well over budget!

Thanks for your help.
breakfastattiffanys
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommendation for Exterior Decorator - 2 front doors

Postby breakfastattiffanys » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:23 pm

Hi Abbevillelocal

If you're simply wanting the existing door gently sanded down a little and adding a new coat of paint, likewise the same to the surrounding wood, it's a fairly simple job that shouldn't take too long. Somewhere between 1 to 1.5 days dependant on paint drying time (water based will be a lot quicker) and I would say between £200-£250 max per door.

If on the other hand it's already got several layers of paint and you wanted it taken down to the wood it'll be a lot more intensive and cost more, however from your description that doesn't appear what you need.

Quotes are likely to be without the paint for this small job, it eliminates the "I could have got that cheaper" line and more importantly allows you to chose your favourite brand/colour/finish etc.

Only those earning over £85,000 are likely to add VAT on top of their quotes.

Ping me a message offline if you need anymore advice etc....
GlennSalsbury
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Recommendation for Exterior Decorator - 2 front doors

Postby GlennSalsbury » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:54 am

Hey, I agree with you this is a very fair estimate for painting the doors. We have recently renovated the house and installed new impact doors miami, by seeking additional info from the http://stormguardwindowanddoor.com/hurr ... oors-miami professionals. You can ask the professionals for the estimate of painting the doors and then plan accordingly.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.