Osiers Point - any good?

3 posts
SW12Pops
Options:
Share this post on:

Osiers Point - any good?

Postby SW12Pops » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:17 am

Hi
Looking at Osiers Point - the new development in Putney.

It seems a little far away from public transport - anyone lived around there before or know what area is like?

Thanks

https://www.taylorwimpey.co.uk/find-you ... iers-point
windmill26
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Osiers Point - any good?

Postby windmill26 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:45 am

I don't have any firsthand experience of the area apart from going to the park/playground a few times.Looks like the closest station is Wandsworth Town (possibly 20 min. walk?)or to get to Putney you will have to jump on a bus.There are so many apartments sprouting up at the moment so you have plenty of choice.The Ram development and the one been built opposite Southside come to mind.They both look nice and are also better served by transport.
Star
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Osiers Point - any good?

Postby Star » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:09 pm

Putney is very well connected as you will have the choice of East Putney on the district line ( good for West London)and Putney rail (for Clapham junction, the City and Kew and Richmond and beyond). However I did live within 10 minutes walk from both of those and from where you will be, it would be more like 15-20 mins.
But there are lovely pubs along and by the river and riverside is good for a walk/ run or cycle, Valentine's- an Italian deli and restaurant and loads of new places I'm sure. There is the Putney school of Art nearby if you want to take up a course. It feels cosmoplitan with Fulham across the river. Southside will be near as well. The parks are all gorgeous and your nearest one would be Wandsworth park. I lived there between 2010-14 but have heard from friends who are still there it has got a lot busier since I left because of the new apartments suddenky springing up along the upper Richmond rd and the pressure particularly being felt by families looking for primary schools. Brandlehow' s catchment has shrunk even more.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.