Earslfield : so many short-term lets now – are Aug- Sep better to find a longer-term let?

1 post
SouthLondonDaddy
Options:
Share this post on:

Earslfield : so many short-term lets now – are Aug- Sep better to find a longer-term let?

Postby SouthLondonDaddy » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:40 am

Looking for a 3 or 4 bed property to rent in Earlsfield. Quite a few properties are on the market as short term lets only – at roughly double the price of equivalent “long” lets (which means 12 months anyway, so not particularly long). I imagine this must be because of Wimbledon? I haven't seen so many short lets in other family friendly areas (including better-known and more expensive areas like Putney or Richmond).

As far as you know, is it common for these properties to be remarketed as long lets between August and September? I can’t imagine a huge demand for short term lets of 3-4 beds in Earlsfield outside the period of the Wimbledon tournament. In other words, are August and September typically a better period to look for a property to let, because by then all these short lets will be remarketed as long lets? I understand each case can be unique, but I was wondering if anyone with local knowledge is aware of some kind of a consistent trend over the years. Thanks!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.