Refreshingly simple, green and cheap(er) energy company recommendation

3 posts
robinm
Options:
Share this post on:

Refreshingly simple, green and cheap(er) energy company recommendation

Postby robinm » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:08 pm

Hi all,

Not sure if this has been posted before but thought I'd share an energy supplier that I've actually had a pleasant experience with!

They're called Bulb; they're green and around 15-20% cheaper than my previously quite cheap Sainsbury's Energy tariff. I pay around £85/month for 3 people living in a 1,800sq ft Victorian terraced house (gas and electricity).

The switching process was seamless, and they deal with closing current supplier's account.

If you use this link to get started we both get £50 credit too :) https://bulb.co.uk/refer/robin359

Robin

PS, I'm genuinely not affiliated with them!
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Refreshingly simple, green and cheap(er) energy company recommendation

Postby boonkoh » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:59 am

I can also recommend Bulb. Been with them for about a year, and I like how refreshingly honest, transparent and easy it has been.

Eg their statements are easy to read and also they give you estimates on what you're likely to use over the year. They also adjust your direct debit down if they think you're overpaying.

However, do note that they are planning to put up tariffs in August. Again, they flagged this up last month, so I like how it won't come as a shock. But I'd you're price comparing, do take that into account.

One negative is that they don't have smart meters or support smart meters. So all readings need to be given manually.
boonkoh
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Refreshingly simple, green and cheap(er) energy company recommendation

Postby boonkoh » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Just wanted to give a heads up that Bulb is now doing a special refer-a-friend offer, where you can get £100 free credit if referred by an existing member (like myself), and the existing member will get £100 credit too.

This is double their usual £50/£50 refer a friend scheme.

Do consider switching to Bulb - I've been with them over a year now, and done some price comparisons a few times over the year and always found them to be the cheapest (or very close to cheapest). Its hassle free, their online accounts are easy to use, and they don't pressure you to install smart meters to get the best rates like other providers.

Send me a private message if you're interested in switching, but don't know any Bulb users, and I can provide you my referral link!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.