Grove Hall nursery - Ofsted 4 Inadequate

79 posts
eli4
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Grove Hall nursery - Ofsted 4 Inadequate

Postby eli4 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 10:54 pm

well, the children are happy because they dont understand. they dont care if the ratio is not covered, if the food is not good, if the nappy is not changed enough times.
I am in touch with an ex member of staff and I did heard awful things. Mina was fired because she used to keep cash that we pay as canteen money and then she used to buy cheap and rubbish food, how can we trust them now? when a child cries , they put them in the sleeping room alone. and the ratio is not still covered most of the day. Staff keep leaving and I find this quite worrying, because if staff is not happy our children are not happy.
we have been looking for others nurseries in the area. we dont know what to do. it is difficult to know which is a good nursery.
if someone have better references about a different nurseries, please let me know.
Salminator
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Salminator » Tue Feb 04, 2014 4:38 pm

haggis68 wrote:OMG! Thanks so much for posting this - I was just about to register my daughter for this nursery having researched a few months ago and read the previous OFSTED report and on various recommendations - I probably would not have looked again had I not seen this!!

I was actually put off slightly as when I popped in a couple of months ago to check they had space and get the forms there did seem to be a number of babies in high chairs crying and not being attended to - having not been to a nursery before I thought maybe I had caught them at a bad time (around 4pm so picking up time for some). I was also told by one of the assistants that the manager would come and see me and give me the forms etc. - having waited about 20 minutes the manager walked straight past me and left the building. Again, having not booked an appointment or anything this did not completely put me off but I was a bit surprised given how much money you spend at these places!!

It is a shame as I live so close to Grove Hall but I am now going to look elsewhere and at nanny/childminders. If anyone has any recommendations for other nurseries in the area, that would be great?

Thanks again!
Nightingales Nursery by Clapham South tube is fabulous but it's very small so very hard to get into but worth a try. Can't recommend it highly enough.
lexierose1
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby lexierose1 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:59 am

I just want to reiterate that everything has changed at GH - the staff are wonderful, the old manager (who caused all of the problems) has gone. Also children are very perceptive, if they hated going somewhere then they would make it very clear. My daughter flies into the arms of the nursery staff when she arrives and is absolutely full of it when she is picked up. (She's teaching me yoga!)
Balhammum2020
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Balhammum2020 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:40 pm

Our daughter is still really happy there (having been there since May this year). She also puts her arms out to go to the staff as well.

We're happy with the care she receives and although there have been some staff changes recently, the managers for each room have not changed and our daughter has a new key worker whom she adores.

I think there are still issues with the management though. They had another inspection in January (don't think the report is out yet) and the shortcomings related to the files they kept.

I'm sure the parents and ofsted will ensure that management continue to better the nursery and address any areas of concern.

It's really difficult to know but ultimately we have a bright and bubbly toddler who is confident and happy to go to Grove Hall and therefore we're happy.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.