Horrified at polyester content in school uniforms

5 posts
Bluebutterfly
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Horrified at polyester content in school uniforms

Postby Bluebutterfly » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:46 pm

I agree! I would ask some parents with children already at the school if they get the "regulation" shirts. My son's school say that uniform should be from the specified list, but I have always bought 100% white cotton shirts from M&S (they do short and long sleeved and I just order online and collect from Clapham Junction store). I have never been picked up on it even though the m&s shirts have a pocket and I don't think the regulation ones do, but I guess some schools are stricter than others....
BettyBoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby BettyBoo » Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:21 am

As a child which is quite some time ago now :) all our uniforms were polyester as there was never any options. It's a synthetic fibre that despite it's perception of a low quality the reason it is great for school uniforms is because it makes the clothes much easier to iron or even non iron, it's much more durable so with a stands playground activity and also retains colour much better than natural fibres.

Personally I wouldn't buy it for myself but for my kids and their school uniform - totally.
sezwedz
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby sezwedz » Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:15 am

I was the same when my daughter started school. I go for the john lewis or M & S skin kind label, 100% cotton, but the winter skirts, and dresses I couldn't find any without polyester. Good luck and let me know if you find any great alternative options. Could be a market their for organic cotton kids uniforms!!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.