YOGA for Kids

1 post
MDP123
Options:
Share this post on:

YOGA for Kids

Postby MDP123 » Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:43 pm

Hello Everyone!

Just a quick note to say Yogahaven, Clapham are running a taster class in yoga for kids aged between 7-9!

This class is a tester for You to see if your child will like practicing Yoga. This tester class will be followed by a serie of sessions starting in September 2014 every Saturday afternoons, between each holiday half terms.

We will accept no more than 15 children in a safe environment, supervise by myself. (CRB/ Child protection training)
The class will be 60 minutes long.
I will be teaching the children:
Yoga postures, breathing exercises, meditations techniques, Yoga Nidra (Yoga sleep), healthy habits (food and drinks), anatomy, ethical values etc..
We will practice Yoga through games, reading and discussions.. I am playful in my teaching but also bring the serious side of Yoga too, even with the little ones. I don’t believe when a class is too light and like to take the children straight into the subject. Still, we have great fun!!

Click here or see below for more information on the benefit to teach Yoga to children and teenagers
http://www.yogalaurent.com/en/kids-yoga/

For further information about the classes: info@yogalaurent.com
07967 659252

For booking your child:
rebecca@yogahaven.co.uk
0208 617 00 27

Yoga for children (7-9 years old)

This is a magic time for any child to start Yoga or to carry on a practice already started in a younger age. Around 8 years old the child's body starts to move on into a difference phase and Yoga can help for the physical and emotional growth. My classes are fun, educative, enhances mental focus, body awareness and physical performances. Apart from playing with Yoga postures, I bring to them already a real Yogic experience using readings, games and discussions on healthy eating, body anatomy, and ethical values. At this age, they can start learning how to use simple pranayama and to breathe, to play with relaxation techniques like simplified Yoga nidra (Yoga sleep) or fun meditations which will help the little Yogi to control his/hers emotions and anxiety, encourages good sleep and rest. But most importantly, young age Yoga practice keeps his/hers bones healthy and the muscles tone and supple preparing them for the more challenging stage of their childhood, becoming a pre-teen.