done and dusted - has anyone used them?

8 posts
mummy_dani
Options:
Share this post on:

done and dusted - has anyone used them?

Postby mummy_dani » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:15 pm

Has anyone used Done and Dusted cleaning company? I'm slightly put off by them wanting to come for a look around first despite us living in a very standard BTC house and then providing a quote. I thought there was a set price per hour? I don't really have time for a look around beforehand but just want a cleaner!
bossyboots99
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: done and dusted - has anyone used them?

Postby bossyboots99 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:48 pm

To be honest, I did contact them but was also of the same mind as you. In the end I took a punt and tried HomeJoy - I've now had them visit twice and the outcome was fantastic! I also was provided with a special deal as a new customer. It is very easy to book, at days and times of convenience, and the clean was top notch, plus the customer service was fantastic.

Hope that helps
Mummymoo
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mummymoo » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:15 pm

I have used Done and Dusted and was pleased. I think the look around first is useful if you want them to brief a cleaner on your requirements. I find it tricky to be too bossy with a cleaner because I think they are likely to be much better at cleaning than I am!
With D&D, I was able to comfortably discuss what I expected a cleaner to do and how quickly, I was actually expecting to be recommended more hours than they decided to give me, so I saved money.

We have been cost cutting so I now (inexpertly) clean my house, but was happy with D&D when I had that luxury.
supergirl
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby supergirl » Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:16 pm

I first used them for a one off clean and i was v impressed by both the cleaning and the girl who came as she was very nice and very thorough and by The lady who deals with customers. I was charged £12.5 an hour tk give directly to the cleaning lady.

Being so happy i asked her if she could organised my weekly cleaning, i needed 8-10hrs incl. ironing. First she wanted me to book a spring clean which she quoted at £300. To which k said no. Now my house needs a good weekly clean granted but is far away from being filthy. The floors, WCs and kitchen are vleaned everyday and the oven and the rest once of twice a week.
Then she told me that her cleaners dont clean ovens as this is part of the spring clean :o
Then she said it would be £10 per hour but of which £2.5 go to the agency. I just couldnt reconcile the fact they are paid so little with how hard they work. The lady who came told me she works until 11 at night Mon-Sat snd sometimes the lady of the agency book her on Sundays too. When she was at my house she kept telling me that she keeps receiving texts for more work and when she tried to say no because she needed time off she was threatened to receive no more work.

In the end i stopped and will never use an agency again unless for a one off.

So would i recommend D&D? No. Are all agencies like that? I dont know.

Sorry for the novel but i feel strongly about fair pay for a fair job.
AnnieH
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby AnnieH » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:09 pm

I asked done and dusted to come and quote and wasn't that impressed with what I heard.

Firstly they said that we'd need 5 hours for cleaning a normal 4 bed, 2 bath terrace house which I was surprised by and felt like they were up selling as my current cleaner takes 3.5 hours.

Secondly I didn't feel comfortable with the pay being £7.50 to the cleaner and £2.50 for the agency, this didn't feel fair to the cleaners. When I asked about this, they said the cleaners were well paid.

Overall I didn't feel like they we're the agency for me.
http://www.ramptonbaseley.com/
https://www.john-thorogood.co.uk
https://nappyvalleynet.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/01/rampton-baseley-329%C3%97142px.jpg
https://www.portico.com/valuation/
mummy_dani
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby mummy_dani » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:28 pm

Thanks for all of the responses. My initial feeling is that I won't use them although I am desperate!

Supergirl and Annie H - do either of you have cleaners now who need extra work?

Thanks!
TonsleyDad
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby TonsleyDad » Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:46 pm

Yes I have used them weekly for about 9 months now and we had one bad one, early on, they replaced her now we couldn't be happier. You choose what hours you want, we have a 4 bed terraced house and she does that and ironing in 5hrs...
gail0810
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby gail0810 » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:12 pm

I used them once to cover a one off clean when my regular cleaner was on holiday for a few weeks and her agency couldn't get anyone else to cover. They were very professional, the cleaner was punctual and very thorough. All in all, I was very pleased with the service.

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.