Are you happy with your highlights?

98 posts
MrsOctober
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Are you happy with your highlights?

Postby MrsOctober » Wed Sep 24, 2014 2:02 pm

Ppasha27 wrote:Does anyone recommend any of these colourists for me? I'm brunette looking for lighter highlights. My original post here:

I'm trying to get my long, dark brown hair lighter once and for all (think: Khloe Kardashian/J-Lo/Mila Kunis) but most colourists I've seen are hesitant because they think it will ruin my locks. I always end up getting talked out of it!

Are there any brunettes with caramel/honey high(low) lights who would recommend their colourist? Local is great but happy to travel into central London if I need to.
I too have very dark, long hair. I was a long-time client of a salon on Webbs Road. They made several attempts at my colour and it just never looked great. I had either ginger or brassy streaks with a serious root problem a few weeks later. Not to mention it ruined the condition of my hair. They just said it was what happens with dark hair! Last year, I admired someone's hair, it was naturally almost jet black but it had shimmering pieces in glossy caramel tones and no regrowth issues. Craig at Edward James did it. I've been going to him ever since and I'm thrilled with the results. My old hairdresser had told me that lowlights in very dark hair would never look natural but that was just because my old hairdresser didn't know how to do it! Natalie cuts my hair after Craig has cut it and I've never had so many compliments.
love hair
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby love hair » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:31 pm

Try Jo Partridge on Bellevue Rd!
All of our Stylists very experienced with COLOUR and we always work with a two Stylist consultation with New clients.
Open 7 days 5 late nights
love hair
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby love hair » Thu Sep 25, 2014 8:25 am

Jo Partridge on Bellevue Rd love doing Highlights!
It's going to be our 15th Birthday in November and Highlights might be on a Special promotion so watch this space!
We have all the latest L'Oreal training and Technology, come and meet our experienced team and have a chat about YOUR HAIR!!
M.A.H
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby M.A.H » Wed Nov 12, 2014 12:28 pm

Hi ladies, just letting you know I still have appointments available for home and mobile treatments. I have many recommendations on here, please feel free to check out my website:
www.mellissaahammond.co.uk
Also with the bad weather it's a great time to do Brazilian blowdrys to eliminate frizz and change even the most unruly hair to perfectly smooth and silky hair everyday.
Thank you Mellissa
Pamela Lovell
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pamela Lovell » Fri Nov 21, 2014 1:51 pm

The Stvdio 35 Webbs Road SW112AF
Ask for Pamela! 02073502636

ChicFemme
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby ChicFemme » Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:13 pm

If you want nice highlights on naturally medium-dram brown hair in this country, you have to go to Nicola at John Frieda Salon in Coventry Garden. It will set you back a few hours and a whopping £320', but success is a guarantee. Else, locally, Trevor at The Stvdio on webbs road does a good job for less than 1/3 the price.
M.A.H
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby M.A.H » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:50 am

Hi ladies, thanks for all the lovely reviews! I have appointments available for next week, salon quality hair straight to your door. I do mobile visits and have a salon-room in my house, whichever you prefer. All prices are on my website:
www.mellissaahammond.co.uk or call 07947318794
Thanks, Mellissa
M.A.H
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby M.A.H » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:46 am

Hi all, I have appointments available for all hair treatments and I can come to your home or I have a home salon for those who like to get out and enjoy the Salon experience without the salon prices! All info and prices are listed on my website:
www.mellissaahammond.co.uk or call 07947318794
Look forward to hearing from you!
Thanks, Mellissa
Pamela Lovell
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Pamela Lovell » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:56 am

I'm doing an offer 35%off for New clients @The Stvdio.
35 Webbs Road
SW112AF
Ask for Pamela

emmabridgewater
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby emmabridgewater » Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:32 am

Does anyone have any experience of Edward James on Northcote Rd for highlights please?
M.A.H
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby M.A.H » Wed May 13, 2015 10:52 am

Hi Ladies, do you find it hard to get to the salon with children? Well look no further! I run A mobile hairdressers for service and I have a home salon too. I am a local mum with many years experience in hairdressing. There are many recommendations on here about me and I have many regular clients from here, but unfortunately many of my mums have gone back to work or moved out of the area and I am currently looking to gain some new ladies. I provide a high quality service with very reasonable prices, so no need to waste money going to expensive salons! Please check out my website:
www.mellissaahammond.co.uk
Many thanks, Mellissa
M.A.H
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby M.A.H » Wed May 13, 2015 11:34 am

M.A.H wrote:Hi Ladies, do you find it hard to get to the salon with children? Well look no further! I run a mobile hairdressing service and I have a home salon too. I am a local mum with many years experience in hairdressing. There are lots of recommendations on here about me and I have many regular clients from here, but unfortunately many of my mums have suddenly gone back to work or moved out of the area and I am currently looking to gain some new ladies. I provide a high quality service with very reasonable prices, so no need to waste money going to expensive salons! Please check out my website:
http://www.mellissaahammond.co.uk
Many thanks, Mellissa
Giggles
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Giggles » Wed May 13, 2015 9:09 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I have to let all the yummy mummy's know that I can realy recomend Melissa Hamond. It's not the first time someone has raced about her but I think she is fantastic. So flexible and easy, totally understands mums- she did my highlights in the kitchen while I fed my baby.
So much easier that a salon. Lovely girl, lovely highlights. Thrilled with the results.
Xoxo

love hair
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby love hair » Tue May 26, 2015 5:32 pm

Please try us! Jo Partridge on Bellevue Rd
We have a Talented , Friendly a Team who are Excellent High lighters!!
Call 020 8682 1066
Open 7 Days 5 late nights
All NEW Clients receive a 2 Stylist consultation whenever possible and we run a Great Loyalty scheme
Mummyoftwins
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Mummyoftwins » Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:49 am

Hi
I just had to second the recommendation for Mellissa Hammond as she is fantastic. I first started using her after reading rave reviews on this site about 4 years ago and haven't looked back! I absolutely love the colour that she does and she also does a fantastic cut. Mellissa is also a lovely girl, so easy to chat to and it wasn't a problem when my twins were running riot and telling her they didn't like Mummy with foil in her hair!
Give her a call!

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.