Nursery for 18m+ kids close to Belleville Primary School

15 posts
nblondeau
Options:
Share this post on:

Nursery for 18m+ kids close to Belleville Primary School

Postby nblondeau » Wed Jul 13, 2016 11:11 am

Hi,
Can anyone recommend some good nurseries, our of personal experience, around Belleville Primary School that can take 18m+ toddlers. We are looking for full day from 7.30-6.30 or something similar.

Thank you so much in advance.
Regards,
Natali
szerma
Options:
Share this post on:

Re: Nursery for 18m+ kids close to Belleville Primary School

Postby szerma » Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:27 pm

I can highly recommend Northcote House, at the corner of Salcott Rd and Northcote Rd, the only challenge is they start at 8 am and not 7:30 am. There is a waiting list, you would have to enquire how long.

Best regards,
M
firsttimerSW11
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby firsttimerSW11 » Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:24 pm

Try Bright Horizons on Chatham Road, just off Northcote.
Working Mom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Working Mom » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:54 am

I can highly recommend Butterfly preschool, which used to be Baby Drop.
They are on Kelmscott + Webbs road, which is very convenient for Belleville parents and have an option for Mornings only, 9am-3.30pm or 9am-6pm.
Lots of Belleville nursery kids do their mornings or afternoons to fill up the gap. They have Lower Preschool (2-3.5 yr old) and Upper Preschool (3.5-5 yr old).
I have two children at Butterfly who have been very very happy and I cannot praise the head teacher - Charlotte and all other carers highly enough.
Charlotte managed to construct a very academic and creative curriculum to prepare children for their big school - my boys had lots of art classes, messy plays and forest school every week, and most amazingly my elder one is able to read!!!
It is a small nursery with a limited outdoor space but their quality of teaching and caring are outstanding.
I heard there are still a couple of places left - take it before they are gone!
Petittype
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Petittype » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:59 pm

I can second Working mum's recommendation of the Butterfly pre-school on Webbs rd /Kelmscott rd!
My son attended it for a couple of years and he always absolutely loved it.
After a tearful attempt (and failure) in another nursery on Chatham road, he first attended the butterfly nursery for a few hours/ days as a cover until he moved to another booked Preschool. He loved it so much and really blossomed there, so I decided to leave him there and cancelled the other private pre-school (in spite of the outrageous booking fees!)

He is now moving up to the "big school" and we will both sorely miss it. (He'll be back for half terms I reckon..). :)
A great balance of intimate nurturing loving environment and academic encouragement to really prepare them well for school.
https://www.345nurseryschool.com/
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
pixi
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby pixi » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:39 pm

Babyroom on Webbs Road is a lovely small nursery.
rebeccagergely
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rebeccagergely » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:36 am

Hello
After having visited all the nursery around Belleville, the butterfly preschool on kelmscott road corner webbs road is by far the best quality nursery you can have.
In addition of being very professional and friendly they are very passionate and kids belong to a family when they get there.
My 4 year old was very prepared to reception as their programs were very good.
The owner is very talented and involved into the nursery by bringing diverse activities.
Kids are always cheerful and happy to see their friends in the morning.
The price is very reasonable according to the service they provide.
I would recommend this nursery without hesitation.
Lsmyth626
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Lsmyth626 » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:12 pm

The Butterfly Preschool is a great option. My twin girls have gone there for the last 2 terms after we moved from the US. Charlotte and her team did an amazing job of helping my girls through the transition. They had a good balance of play and academics and the girls were always excited to head off in the morning. They have learned so much and I can't recommend it enough.
taislopes
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby taislopes » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:13 am

Hi Natali, I'm a experient Brazilian nanny/housekeeper who is currently working for a British family with 4 children (B13, B11, B6, G4) at Honeywell Road Mon-Fri in the morning 07:30am-12:30pm and in the afternoons from 01:30pm-05:30pm I'm working as mother's help for a French family of 4 children (B11, B9, G6, New Born Girl) at Belvedere Road (near Belville School). Unfortunately the British family has to change their plans and just because of this they need to let me go, but I have excellent reference from them. Could you considered a part time morning nanny for your children? I could look after them from 07:30am-12:30 and then I could drop off them at nursery, I don't know if you want to consider this option but if yes I can send you my CV with my references.

Thanks for your attention,
Tais Lopes.
https://www.mathnasium.co.uk/clapham
https://merrygoround.club/
https://www.nightingalemontessori.co.uk/
CCCA
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby CCCA » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:48 am

Hi Tais,
I'm Brazilian and looking for a part time Brazilian nanny for my 2 girls. We live in Clapham South, if interested please send me your CV to clarabcleal@yahoo.com.br

Thank you,
Clara
rebs30000
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rebs30000 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:33 pm

Hello to all :) I am so happy to read about butterfly preschool being such a good nursery! My son has just turned two (in August) and I am just starting a teaching assistant college course. Because of this I need to put my son into nursery, and thank god he gets the two year old funding or now. This place looked amazing and was just what I was looking for (I went to view yesterday). The only negative was the outside space was small but I was then informed that they go to the common often. I was just wondering If anyone had the same problem as me... He is just so upset the minute I talk to him about going to nursery/school! He went for a few hours to a different nursery and was so upset when I left it broke my heart! It would be good to hear if anyone else's child had been through this and is fine now? I have a Seven year old also who was fine going to nursery (at 3!) and didn't give me a second thought when going in to nursery lol. But my two year old is the opposite and will be so sad every time lol. Anyway, any other personal experiences would be great. Thank you.
rebs30000
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rebs30000 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:42 pm

Sorry forgot to add.. The thing that made me love it all the more was that they didn't just leave them to do free play the whole time. They have an academic curriculum even for the two year olds and I think that's great! I'm still left wondering if my just turned two year old is too young for structured learning/play still though lol. I worry so much! If I didn't have to leave him then I would keep him home for another year. But I'm 25 now and feel now is the time that I NEED to do something with my life. I'm ready! Lol. I'm just so scared. About everything :?
Working Mom
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby Working Mom » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:35 am

Hi reps,
Don't worry. My youngest boy was the same.... all kids are different and some kids just need more time to get used to a new environment. Bufferfly is such a friendly nursery and my very shy boy can't wait to get in now!
And yes, they have a small garden but they go to the common often for forest school and PE classes.
http://www.abbevillenannies.co.uk/home/
http://www.nappyvalleynannies.co.uk
rebs30000
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby rebs30000 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:22 pm

Thank you for replying. We've just had a home visit and it went very well. My little boy was a bit sad and scared as he thought I was leaving him but all went ok. I'm excited to see how he gets on over the next week now!
annabieniek
Options:
Share this post on:

Postby annabieniek » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:30 pm

Baby Room nursery on Webbs Road still has some availability, see below some of the reviews:
Maisie and Thea’s mum
"Baby Room have been such a large and lovely part of our life for the past 3 years, both girls are very happy there . We could not have asked for a more loving or supportive enviroment for them."

Zephaniah Mum and Day
"I could not have asked for a better nursery for Zephaniah to attend as he has learned so much rightfrom the time he has started. Your staff at Clapham Old Town work very well with all the children that attend, especially Lydia his purple room teacher."

Rory’s mum
"Rory has had a wonderful time at nursery and we would like to thank Danette, Tatiana, Josephine and all the team for looking after him."

Samuel’s mum and dad
"I want to say a big thank you to Blue and Pink room. We have been really happy with the nursery and in particular Helen, Linda and Sarah have been absolutely excellent in looking after Sammy"

Bryn’s mum
"Thank you so much for looking after Bryn so well during his short stay at Baby Room. He has learnt a lot about sharing and playing with others whilst he has been with you."

Will’s mum
"A huge thank you for taking such good care of Will during the past two years. He has had such a great time at the nursery and has learnt so much. I know he will miss everyone, we wish we could take the nursery to Sheffield with us."

Leo’s mum
"Leo is a very happy and confident boy, and it has been a lot to do with everything he has learned from your staff. Thank you so much for looking after Leo for the past two years. I will definitely recommend Balham Baby Room in the future."

Emma’s mummy
"It was with great sadness that Emma had her last day at nursery today after 4 long years with you.I wanted to extend our gratitude to you and all the staff at Webbs Road, past and present, for caring, teaching, nurturing and entertaining Emma during her time with you. She has truly adored being at the nursery, particularly the last 2 years with Miss Jacky. The staff today gave Emma an amazing send-off for which we were truly touched. Emma is well prepared for her next journey starting school. We will be making use of your holiday club, so Emma will return over the coming months. We also look forward to Lizzie spending more days with you over the coming years."

Asa and Frederik Bornander

"Today was Emma's last day at Baby Room in Balham and I just wanted to send an e-mail to say thank you for 2 great years....From day one Emma has always preferred staying at home with mummy, but whenever we come in and she is in a funny mood Alicia, Ross or Synquis always, make her forget that she would rather not go that day, and they make her smile. There is nothing worse for a parent than to leave a sad child and this gift they have given me every morning, of making her smile and be happy before I leave, that is the best gift I could ever get. And they always do it with a smile themselves, being interested in what she has to say and genuinely caring for her....Please pass my Big Thanks along to them so that they know all their hard work is appreciated by us and all the Mums and Dads out there!"

…who moved up this week from Blue to Pink Room at our Balham nursery..

Dear Grace, aka Mummy No2,
"Thank you so much for being such a wonderful nursery mummy and looking after me so well while I was in Blue Room. I will miss our laughs but don't worry, I am only across the fence"
Violet

Emma & Parents
"Dear Baby Room, Lavender Hill Family, Thank you so much for taking extremely great care and looking after Emma so well since she was 6 months old. Also would like to thank especially to Lydia & Josephine for their kindness, love and support for the last 18 months. She has become a very bright and happy toddler in there. Emma really loves all the kids and staff at the Lavender Hill and it will be a very difficult new start for her." THANK YOU SO MUCH BABY ROOM you give him.”

Start a conversation
To create a new post and start a new conversation, please click on the button.